Dimensions for A Facebook Banner
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and cover picture?
Your Page's account image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and also 50 × 50 pixels on most attribute phones
- Must be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computer systems
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on smartphones
Your Page's cover image:
- Displays at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels vast by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Doesn't show on attribute phones
- Should go to the very least 399 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG data that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile photos and cover pictures with your logo or text, you might obtain a much better outcome by utilizing a PNG file.
Just what regarding the resolution?
In addition to this measurement adjustment we've gone with a high resolution recommendation since we are additionally thinking about the rise of higher res gadgets such as Retina Show-- you want your cover pictures to look all crisp and also clear there also don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent and also covers off basically other device currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook does not aid when it states "Bear in mind that your cover picture have to go to the very least 400 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimal size and in our experience we discover it way as well grainy as well as the advice gives no assistance on risk-free locations for text.
So long as it's not a crazy dimension you will not be penalised for posting a great huge high res picture (this used to be the case with Facebook Teams where compression was used) but no more.
One word of caution, depending on the screen you utilize to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display), you may discover the picture a little unclear. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and also a variety of dimensions from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Now 820x461 usually looks the sharpest on older display screens however we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.