Dimensions for A Facebook Cover Photo
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's account picture and cover photo?
Your Page's account image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smart devices and 50 × 50 pixels on most function phones
- Should go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover picture on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on smart devices
Your Page's cover picture:
- Display screens at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels high on your Page on computer systems and also 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Does not show on function phones
- Have to be at least 399 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account photos and also cover pictures with your logo or message, you might obtain a much better result by utilizing a PNG documents.
Exactly what concerning the resolution?
As well as this dimension adjustment we have actually chosen a high resolution referral due to the fact that we are also taking into consideration the increase of higher res tools such as Retina Present-- you desire your cover pictures to look all crisp as well as clear there as well don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent as well as covers off pretty much other gadget currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook does not assist when it claims "Remember that your cover photo must be at least 400 pixels large and 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimum size as well as in our experience we find it way also grainy and also the advice gives no support on safe areas for text.
So long as it's not a crazy size you will not be penalised for publishing a nice big high res image (this used to be the situation with Facebook Groups where compression was used) yet no more.
One word of caution, depending on the screen you use to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display), you could locate the photo a little unclear. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG as well as a selection of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Now 820x461 often looks the sharpest on older screens but we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.