Facebook Timeline Cover Dimensions
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's profile picture as well as cover picture?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on most feature phones
- Should go to least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom as well as 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on mobile phones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Display screens at 851 pixels vast by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Does not display on feature phones
- Must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG data that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and cover photos with your logo design or text, you may get a far better result using a PNG data.
Just what concerning the resolution?
In addition to this measurement change we've opted for a high resolution suggestion because we are additionally thinking about the increase of higher res devices such as Retina Show-- you want your cover pictures to look all crisp and clear there also do not you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you somewhat and also covers off practically other device currently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't aid when it claims "Remember that your cover image should be at the very least 400 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels high". This is just a minimum size and in our experience we find it way too rough as well as the recommendations gives no support on safe areas for text.
So long as it's not an insane dimension you will not be penalised for publishing a nice big high res photo (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Groups where compression was used) yet say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending upon the display you use to watch (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you might find the image a little fuzzy. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG and a variety of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Now 820x461 commonly looks the sharpest on older displays yet we would certainly still advise 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.